Hlayisani Growth Fund: Criteria
Hlayisani Growth Fund is focused on the acquisition of either significant minority or majority ownership stakes in market-leading organisations, growth businesses and high potential young revenue generating venture businesses. The fund will seek to invest in companies with the following criteria:
- Innovative business model with proven technologies that are scalable;
- Companies led by a strong management team with operating experience;
- Potential market leader / significant player in target sector and region
- Large market opportunity;
- Companies in growth or expansion stage (post revenue to profitable businesses) with a Southern African and East African focus and beyond;
- Business models that demonstrate significant social economic impact without compromising profitability
- Consider businesses where empowerment will be a competitive advantage;
- Identifiable exit opportunities.
We are currently closed for applications. The next internship period will be mid-2021. Please follow us on Twitter and Linkedin for further updates.
Opportunities to get exposure to Venture Capital and Private Equity in South Africa are rare. Hlayisani Capital occasionally has limited unpaid internship opportunities available to select individuals. Working as part of a team of interns alongside our Partners, you will get to know the exciting and highly challenging work of a Venture Capital and Private Equity firm in South Africa.
3 - 6 Months
⧫ Business Major or similar
⧫ Basic PC knowledge required (email, video conferencing)
⧫ Google Workspace proficiency (Google Docs, Sheets, and Drive)
⧫ Database management capability
⧫ Analytical skills, preferably valuation methodologies
⧫ Verbal and written communications skills
⧫ Detailed oriented
⧫ Own laptop, adequate connectivity