Hlayisani Venture Fund II Criteria
The Hlayisani Venture Fund II is launching in H2 2022. The HVFII as a venture capital fund is focussed on investing into medium and large high growth companies that are technology enabled, delivering commercially competitive economic returns plus socio-economic impact. The HVFII seeks to invest and support businesses with scalable, technology enabled solutions that demonstrate strong ESG standards and metrics that have large addressable markets and global growth ambitions. The HVFII's investment geography has a primary focus on South African linked businesses expanding globally. The Hlayisani Investment Team will consider attractive investment opportunities in Southern Africa and rest of Africa where the team has strong network, and is able to transact and influence transactions in a meaningful way.
Hlayisani Venture Fund II is focused on the acquisition of either significant minority or majority ownership stakes in market-leading organisations, growth businesses and high potential revenue generating venture businesses. The fund will seek to invest in companies with the following criteria:
- Innovative business model with proven technologies that are scalable;
- Companies led by a strong management team with operating experience;
- Potential market leader / significant player in target sector and region
- Large market opportunity;
- Companies in revenue generating growth or expansion stage (post revenue to profitable businesses) with a South African link;
- Business models that demonstrate significant social economic impact without compromising profitability
- Consider businesses where empowerment will be a competitive advantage;
- Identifiable exit opportunities.